Interested in reading about horses?

This blog is all about horse books which are available on Amazon, mainly as eBooks for your Kindle but there are also paper books as well. Each day, free eBooks are updated for that day - grab them quick (no limit on the number given away on the day it is free). If you don't have a Kindle but want a free Kindle reading app from Amazon, click the link below (yes, it is free). It only takes a few minutes to get one on your computer, laptop, Android, iPhone or iPad and allows you to access the million or so eBooks available on Amazon. All links on this blog are safe ones which will only take you to Amazon.



Please let your friends and forums know about this blog - the more books that can be given away, the more the authors are promoted, which is why they agree to make them free for a few days. (And if you don't have a Kindle... consider one - I bought one for me, one for my daughter and a third for my 75 year old mother, and I linked the accounts so that every book I buy or pick up for free can be put on any or all Kindles. All of us love our Kindles!)


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

COME AN' GET 'EM! - FREE eBOOKS TODAY

The free books!  If you've visited a few times, you'll know the routine: each day I search for free eBooks that have something to do with horses. Sometimes I find some really great non-fiction horse books that are free for a day or two, which is very exciting, but often I only find books that might have a character who rides horses or maybe a children's book about horses. So, rather than just have one or two of the give-aways, I also put some of the best rated free books that have nothing whatsoever to do with horses and I justify that by claiming that the money you save by downloading those for free can be used to buy something for your horse. These might be recipe books, romances, fantasy, children's books, non-fiction such as history or even religious fiction.

Remember, if you don't have a Kindle, you can download a free Kindle reading app for your computer, laptop, iPhone, iPad, etc. from the banner at the top of this page. I bought three of them: originally I had the only one in my family, then realised I had bought so many books that my daughter and mother wanted to read, but there's no way that I'm lending my Kindle out (yes, I'm selfish and possessive when it comes to my K.), so I bought them one each and linked it to my account, so all the books I've bought or downloaded for free can be also sent to their Kindles with a click of a button. Now I'm a generous and sharing person. Mum is in her 70s and she won't go anywhere without her Kindle these days (she still travels all over the world every year with friends), my daughter is 21.

The free eBooks that have something to do with horses. lol - in The Pet Psychic Diaries you have a horse who hates his name... go figure. The two Harlequin cowboy romances aren't available for Australian readers - sorry - but the U.S. readers can download them for free.



The free eBooks that have nothing to do with horses.


For my fellow Aussies, some free classics that are always free and you should know the names of these authors... Edward John Eyre (think Lake Eyre, the Eyre Peninsula, the Eyre Highway, etc.) and Bligh, the only man who had both a ship and a land mutiny: one on his ship The Bounty and the other when he was Governor of the colony of New South Wales (yes, he hid under his bed as the Rum Rebellion raged outside)... as a history teacher, I really do not like Bligh that much, though he did achieve some high points in his career. And, for those interested, the current Queensland Premier, Anna Bligh is one of his descendants and possibly faces a mutiny of voters at her next election.





No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more than welcome to comment on horse books, or share information about horse books you would like to see featured but - to keep the comments page suitable for child readers - they will need to be approved by me before appearing here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.