Interested in reading about horses?

This blog is all about horse books which are available on Amazon, mainly as eBooks for your Kindle but there are also paper books as well. Each day, free eBooks are updated for that day - grab them quick (no limit on the number given away on the day it is free). If you don't have a Kindle but want a free Kindle reading app from Amazon, click the link below (yes, it is free). It only takes a few minutes to get one on your computer, laptop, Android, iPhone or iPad and allows you to access the million or so eBooks available on Amazon. All links on this blog are safe ones which will only take you to Amazon.



Please let your friends and forums know about this blog - the more books that can be given away, the more the authors are promoted, which is why they agree to make them free for a few days. (And if you don't have a Kindle... consider one - I bought one for me, one for my daughter and a third for my 75 year old mother, and I linked the accounts so that every book I buy or pick up for free can be put on any or all Kindles. All of us love our Kindles!)


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just a horse chat from me.

Today's free books are two posts below this one.
Hi there,
I hope you've been enjoying finding some good horse books on this site. Every morning I look for them and get a bit excited when I find a free book that actually relates to horses, like the one Ann Nyland listed for free last week (only for a few days), but most days the best I can do are some novels that might have a horse man or woman in them. Still, if you check in each day, you will slowly build a good library of free eBooks.

Just to introduce myself, I am a middle aged Australian woman and I have been involved with horses all my life. I grew up in a riding school and, through childhood & teen years, competed in shows, endurance, polocrosse, jumping, eventing and dressage. I was a Chief Instructor at Pony Club, was show organiser for some of our major state shows (on a voluntary basis) and have always been committed to helping the horse industry, horses and horse people. I compete successfully to national level with my Quarter Horses, but I still feel like a bit of a beginner at times when I see my friends with their horses... some of my friends happen to be some of the leading riders and trainers in the country so I never get a swelled head over my wins when I see how much they win!

I have been so lucky with my involvement with horses and I believe that if you really love something, like everything to do with horses, and if you really believe in giving to others, you will receive more in return than you ever dreamed. You can't just have the 'I want' mentality, rather the 'what can I give' mind-set, and that helps bring you so many things. To give you an idea of the amazing things that can happen when you take that path: in the last couple of years because of helping others, I have been able to become involved in Horse Talk TV (writing and reporting), I've made some amazing new friends including the lady who trained the horses on the movie War Horse, I have had books published and have written articles for many magazines... the list goes on.

So, no matter how old or young you are, go and find ways of helping your horse community. You don't have to own a horse. You can help at shows and help on club committees, you can give your time somewhere and in return you will be appreciated, you will learn (not all lessons are good ones, but you still learn from them) and you will find that doors open that you never even knew existed.

I love my horses, and I love the horse industry in general. It can only get better when more people give more to make it work.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more than welcome to comment on horse books, or share information about horse books you would like to see featured but - to keep the comments page suitable for child readers - they will need to be approved by me before appearing here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.