Interested in reading about horses?

This blog is all about horse books which are available on Amazon, mainly as eBooks for your Kindle but there are also paper books as well. Each day, free eBooks are updated for that day - grab them quick (no limit on the number given away on the day it is free). If you don't have a Kindle but want a free Kindle reading app from Amazon, click the link below (yes, it is free). It only takes a few minutes to get one on your computer, laptop, Android, iPhone or iPad and allows you to access the million or so eBooks available on Amazon. All links on this blog are safe ones which will only take you to Amazon.



Please let your friends and forums know about this blog - the more books that can be given away, the more the authors are promoted, which is why they agree to make them free for a few days. (And if you don't have a Kindle... consider one - I bought one for me, one for my daughter and a third for my 75 year old mother, and I linked the accounts so that every book I buy or pick up for free can be put on any or all Kindles. All of us love our Kindles!)


Friday, February 3, 2012

Some Favourite Horse Books

(Today's free books are in the post below this one.)
I love my horse books! I have heaps on my Kindle and computer as well as shelves of them. Here are some highly recommended horse books that come as both eBooks and as books. Prices may vary - I'm in Australia so sometimes Amazon gives me the Aussie prices, but the U.S. and Aussie prices are practially the same.

Gunner - Hurricane Horse is the incredible tale of the Paint horse, PBJ Decks Smokin Gun, who almost lost his life in Hurricane Katrina but his owners defied all the odds to save him and nine months after he nearly died, he was back competing in the Paint World Championships. Very inspiring.  $6.29 on Kindle and $7.95 as a paperback.
The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation is a truly beautiful story about a great horse... one every horse person should read and treasure.  Amazing horse.  $11.69 on Kindle, $10.88 paperback and $15.81 hardback (other prices available on the link as Amazon also sell pre-loved copies of most print books for a fraction of the new price).
The Dressage Chronicles is an enormously popular book about horse-mad Lizzy who signs on for a season with a dressage superstar and has an eye opener of a year with the high priced horses and the people who ride and train them. A fantastic read. $9.99 Kindle edition, $16.47 paperback.
Horses Never Lie is an interesting one... lots of huge fans of this book claim that it is one of the best horse books ever written but there are a few who feel it has the 'Easter Bunny, Santa Claus & Tooth Fairy' approach to horse handling. I actually quite like it, but I guess I do anthropomorphise  my own horses at times.  $11.69 Kindle editon, $16.47 hardback.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are more than welcome to comment on horse books, or share information about horse books you would like to see featured but - to keep the comments page suitable for child readers - they will need to be approved by me before appearing here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.